Dynamics AX Integration with Field Sales Mobile App for an Online Distributor Store
The client is a leading Online Discount Art Supply Store offering a wide selection of arts, crafts, books, and more.
The client required a Field Sales Application that will enable the sales workforce to enter sales orders from the customer’s location.
Indusa developed a Field Sales Application for the client. There were two main components involved – Windows application for mobile and Web component. The Windows application is installed in each sales persons mobile device. All the data related to orders, customers and products are saved in the application as XML files. The web based component facilitates data transfer between the AX database and the Windows mobile application database.
Indusa modified the BUSiness (BUS) layer according to Microsoft Dynamics Best Practice Guidelines. Indusa used standard Microsoft AX Development Tools such as X++, MorphX and Compare Tool to extend code at Value Added Reseller (VAR), CUStomer (CUS) and USeR (USR) Layers.
- The mobile device gets connected to the computer/laptop which in turn accesses the Web component to upload/download data files
- The new order/customer that has been created using the mobile device is transferred to the computer/laptop which in turn is updated in the AX database via the Web component
- Data is fetched from the AX database using AIF interface via the Web component to the computer/laptop and is sent to the mobile device for the use of sales persons
- This application gets integrated directly with the respective back office systems, enabling a field-based user to view and update information through their mobile device (Windows Mobile) regardless of their location
- Streamlined business process helped saving sales order placement time by 37%
- Enhanced Search facility for sales people to place order for all products and get relevant information
Microsoft Dynamics AX 4.0